EBS - Retail EN
- 1 Implementation Example
- 2 Parameterization/ Back Office
- 3 Parameterization/ Retail
- 3.1 Available Documents
- 3.2 Hardware Through touch
- 3.3 Login Screen
- 3.4 Menus
- 3.5 Customers management screen
- 3.6 Status line
- 3.7 Offline operation
- 3.8 Entries management
- 3.9 Fiscal printer files
- 4 Screen Design Tool
- 5 Available Commands
- 6 Useful Advices
In this unit will be in shortly presented the functionality of RETAIL application by using as working model the default parameterization and the template document forms included to the application.
IN order to activate Retail application we call the ESRetail.exe file and we define the user password to the presented screen (the user password has been given in our example is 1234 number). By pressing enter or button, user data confirmation and login to application will occur. By pressing the button, the user will be transferred to a full connection data screen that can be also used. The latest screen is used only in cases where for any reason application login through the main login screen is not feasible.
By logging in to the application the work station is automatically taken up from the main registration screen, this is the screen of the new Sales Retail Receipt registration and the status line is fulfilled through the «Operations» and «Current Transactions» menus.
Through the options found in Operations menu are given the functionalities of application exit, representation of logging screen or minimizing of application window as well as the information regarding the identification and application connection data. By selecting the «Menu» option, will be given the functionality of accessing additional application operations whereas by selecting the “New Receipt” option the working area will be covered from the Retail Receipt registration screen. Finally, by selecting the «Cancel transaction» option the user may close the “current” registration screen.
The Current Transactions menu is directly connected with the new document entry functionality by holding another one «On hold». Through this menu we can have an indication as to the number of in progress (open) transactions and also the functionality of alternation among these depending on the transaction we are cable of completing at a point in time.
Sales Retail Receipt
The new Receipt registration form has the necessary header data fulfilled (type/document series/customer) and the items area empty. The items entry to the Receipt is accomplished through the appropriate buttons found in items-toolbar. The pressing of items toolbar buttons leads to the alternative item searching/selection methods.
- Direct Item Selection. The pressing of this format button (eg «SW.INTER.001» button) results to particular item direct selection.
- Selection Through Group. The pressing of this button form may lead to new items toolbar presence (eg. Button «FOREGN LANGUAGES»), in new toolbar presence with sub-groups (eg.. button «HOME CINEMA») or to items list presence (eg. button «HOUSEHOLD DEVICES»).
For sales quantity increase of an item included to the Receipt, we focus to this item line and press the button «Quantity increase». The pressing of this button, will result to quantity increase per measurement unit. The same logic applies to button «Quantity decrease».
Interference to Receipt items discounts is accomplished through the pressing of suitable toolbar-management buttons. All the modification values/discounts commands are underlined to user privileges control. In the case where application user does not possess the particular privilege, it will be needed confirmation of the action from the user possessing this privilege. The available editing buttons to values/discounts are:
- Line Discount. Pressing of button «Line Discount» is only accomplished through the selected line and results to the presence of the dialog where the user can enter the desired discount. The discount can be defined as percentage or value or even to occur from calculation based on the desired payable amount for the line. In any case, by pressing the Accept button, the new discount is added to the existing discount of the selected line.
- Discount on total. The pressing of button «Discount on total» results to the presence of the dialog where the user can enter the desired discount. The discount can be defined as percentage or value or even to occur from calculation based on the desired payable amount for the Receipt. In any case, by pressing the Accept button, the new discount is added to the existing discount of each document lines.
If for any reason the user whishes to delete an item included to the receipt, he must focus on this item and by using the toolbar-management button to press the «Delete line» button. The line deletion command will go through user privileges control. In the case where the application user does not possess the particular privilege, then the action must be confirmed from a user possessing this privilege.
Finally, the pressing of «Others…» button from toolbar-management will result to the presentation of a new pop up toolbar and through which is given the functionality of accessing additional commands such as the one of coupons or gift voucher data insertion, the notes/comments insertion and the presentation of a dialog enabling the direct searching of retail sale price of an item. At this point and suggesting that there is no need for further modifications of the particular Receipt, the user may continue to payment data clarification.
- Cash. The «Cash Receipt» button will result to a dialog presence used for the insertion of the cash amount received. The fulfilling of the received amount can be accomplished either through the direct insertion of the amount or by simply focusing on “Payable Amount” field and in this way the receipt field is automatically completed with the total of the payable amount. After the completion of the amount received and by pressing the acceptance button, the Receipt will be updated with the particular settlement amount.
- Credit Card. The pressing of «Credit Card» button will result to a dialog presence used for the insertion of the necessary credit card data to which the Receipt will be charged. Initially, by pressing the appropriate buttons, is firstly defined the card type (VISA, DINERS etc) and secondly the credit card bank (biller). Continuously, in the case we want the full payment of the Receipt via the particular credit card charge, we must move to “Card Amount” field and to complete the desired charge amount. Finally, by pressing the Accept button, the receipt will be updated with the particular amount paid.
|If for any reason we want to delete the payment transaction, we select it and from toolbar-management, we press the “Delete Line” button.|
After the definition of the receipt payment methods are completed and in order to continue with its issue, we press the «Completion» button. The button is initially activates the control of the agreement between the amount paid and the value of the receipt where in the case of two amounts mismatching, it will appear a message of prohibiting the entry of the receipt. In the case were no mismatching is found, the receipt processes of save and print are activated. After the end of the printing and for user information reasons, it appears a dialog containing transactions’’ summary data.
|In the case where it has not occur full coverage of the Receipt amount, the pressing of «Completion» button will result to the presence of the amount received in cash, definition dialog.|
Usually, the issue of Sales Retail Receipt is accomplished through the general customer “Retail Customer”. However, in the case we want to retain detail data for the customers issuing receipts, we must either select an existing customer or a new “specified” customer. In order to define the specified customer we enter the «Search trade acct.» button of the toolbar-actions, and the customer’s management list screen appears. In the case we want to select an existing customer we use one of the search methods described below:
- Search by Name. In order to reveal particular customer/customers based on name, in “Full Name” field, we define an appropriate part of customers’ Full name and we enter the search button.
- Search based on other data. In order to reveal particular customer/customers based on other than the available selection data (T.R.N, Telephone number, Club Card), we select the desired data, we partially or fully complete the search wording and we press the search button.
By being in customers catalogue and in order to select one, we are focusing on him and by pressing the accept button we return to Receipt form having completed the replacement of receipt general customer with the chosen specified customer.
If we wish to undertake new customer entry, depending on customer nature, we enter one of the buttons “Individual” or “Company” and the screen of customer data completion appears. For the transfer between form fields next/previous, right/left, we use the related arrows. The searching of the fields being noted with the search from list notification, the desired value occurs by defining the wording partially and pressing the search button. After the completion of the necessary data and by pressing the acceptance buttons, we return to Receipt form by having completed the customer entry and at the same time having the general customer if the receipt replaced.
transaction on hold
If for any reason, we need to proceed to new receipt entry and having the current receipt in “On hold” status we press the «On hold » button of toolbar-actions. The pressing of this button results to the coverage of the current receipt with a new entry receipt screen and to the increase of the open transactions, in one more. Through the «Current Transactions» menu is given the alteration between two “open” receipts, functionality.
|In the case where there are more than one opened transactions and in order the application to notify us (attention) for this situation, the “Current Transactions” menu is properly colorized.|
Cancellation of the transaction
If for any reason, we need to proceed to Receipt entry cancellation, we need to press the « Cancel » button of toolbar-actions. Pressing of this button will result to not receipt entry. The cancellation of the transaction command undergoes to user privilege control. In the case where application user does not possess the particular privilege, it will be needed confirmation of the action from the user possessing this privilege.
The process of Sales Invoice issue is activated through the Retail Sales Receipt form from «Invoice» button of toolbar-actions. The process of invoice issue is basically similar with the one of Receipt issue. In the next unit we will only describe the differentiated points of the process.
Initially, by entering the «Invoice», button we define our desire for Invoice issue and by positively answering to the appearing confirmation message, the type of the document is about to be entered is automatically altered from Sales Retail Receipt to Sales Invoice. Continually and regarding that the definition of specified customer is compulsory for the issue of the invoice, we press the « Search trade acct. » button, and the customers management screen appears. From this screen, we continue to customer selection (existing or new) (see unit Sales Retail Receipt/Specified Customer). After the customer is defined, we move to items entry, in Payment data and finally to Invoice issue.
The process of Receipt Issue is activated through the call of the «New receipt» option of the «Operations» menu. The new Receipt entry form has all necessary header data already completed (type/ document series) and the Amount received area, empty.
As long as the customer is defined (as explained in previous unit), and by pressing the «Receipt in cash» button, it will appear the amount received dialog box. We fulfill the desired amount and by pressing the accept button, we update the Receipt. If for any reason we want to alter the amount received we must firstly delete the already entered amount by using the «Delete Line» button and afterwards to continue to new amount entry.
Finally, in order to proceed to Receipt issue, we press the «Save» button. This button activates the receipt save and print processes. After the printing completion, by pressing the «Exit» button, we close the Receipt entry screen and we return to new Retail Receipt.
All the options concerning day closure are called from «Cash Register Operations» menu. Initially, and in order to produce the value of X day from fiscal printer, we call the Print Χ cash register option. Continuing and in order to accomplish fiscal printer data comparison with the respective application data, we call the Control Χ cash register option.
|In order history log of transaction cancellation, item change and item deletion, to be kept the appropriate RETAIL application parameterization is required. (see unit Parameterization of Retail application/ Entries Management)|
After confirming fiscal printer data agreement with application data, by calling the Print Z cash register option, we proceed to day Z generation from our fiscal printer. Finally, and in order to entry data of day Z in Retail application we call the Z numbering recording selection where a data entry window, appears. If the Z numbering recording has occurred, the entry window will appear having these data completed. At this point we can proceed to data correction, if necessary.
Parameterization/ Back Office
This unit will present only back office parameterization issues determining the correct operation of RETAIL application.
As far as application users are concerned, attention should be given to the following areas.
- Information level. If we want to reassure that a user will not have the capability of contemporary login to the application from many workstations, we will need to activate the «Prohibition of reentrance to Logged in user » option.
- Companies/branches. If we want to make users’ login process to the application, simpler, we need to make sure that the user belongs only to one branch.
- Password. If we want to make user confirmation process easier, we need to have activated the identification functionality through a Identification Password.
The available payment methods of a document issued from RETAIL application are cash, credit card and the adjustment of the advance payment.
The appropriate parameterization of the payment methods per cases are as follows:
- Cash. Payment Method of Payment type with zero % amount payable and null to account field, in order the cash account to be able to differ depending on the branch from which the receipt is issued. The definition of the desired liquidity account is achieved on document series basis (area «Liquidity accounts», column « Automatic payment »).
- Advance payment. Payment method of Forecast type with % amount payable and null to account field, in order the cash account to be able to differ depending on the branch from which the receipt is issued. The definition of the desired liquidity account is achieved on document series basis (area «Liquidity accounts», column « Automatic forecast »)
- Credit Card. Payment method of Credit Card type with % amount payable and null to account field, in order the cash account to be able to differ depending on the type/bank of credit card and the branch from which the receipt is issued. The definition of the desired liquidity account is enhanced through the appropriate parameterization of the “Credit Card” entity.
|In order to activate the capability of payment through credit card, there must be at least one payment method of “Credit Card” type and data of at least on credit card type to be correctly defined into the system.|
Via the appropriate credit cards parameterization, the system will be able to define the one and only liquidity account when the user enters the credit card type and the bank. In order to activate this functionality we need to follow the below process.
We initially define the desired credit card types and for each credit card type we define the bank/banks with which we co-operate. Continuing, we define the maximum number of installments that corresponds to each bank and the corresponding liquidity account. Finally, and only when the liquidity account is differentiated per branch, we complete the branch information in bank register.
Through credit cards appropriate parameterization is given the functionality of toolbar-credit cards configuration. The toolbar-credit cards are included to the window appearing from RETAIL application when the “Credit Card” command is used. The elements related with this functionality can be either defined on credit card type level or bank.
- Selectable. Through this field are underlined transactions that we want to be included to the toolbar.
- position selection. In this field is defined the desired view position of the particular transaction, in toolbar. As smaller the defined number is, the more “left” the transaction placed.
- icon. In this field we can define a representative for the transaction icon (eg. Credit card logo or bank logo)
Bank notes - Coins
Through the appropriate parameterization of Bank Notes-Coins transaction, is given the functionality of receipt in cash screen configuration to enterprises special needs. In more particularly, is given a functionality of the following data definition.
- Available. Through this field are underlined the transactions that we wish to be included to the screen.
- S/N. In this field is defined the desired sorting of the particular transaction. The smaller the defined number the more “left” will the transaction be placed to the screen.
- Icon. In this field is defined the representative icon for the transaction.
|The paper money-coins transactions are differentiated per coin. In the case that you have transactions in different coins you should properly configure the paper money-coins transactions set for each of these coins.|
A presupposition for the use of the functionality concerning Gift Vouchers is the existence of special account of “Discount” type that will possess the following characteristics.
|Concerns Gift Vouchers||Yes|
|Discount Format||Stand alone line|
Given the fact that Retail application is mainly a sales documents issuing tool, special attention must be given when completing item Commercial data (wholesale price/ retail, discountsς etc). Caution is also demanded in parameterization of item measurement unit. Especially in the case that we dealing with items for which we want the sales quantity to be questioned, we must ensure that in items’ measurement unit the option «Application by user selection» has been activated. The activation of the particular option in combination with the «AutoDisplayQuantities»parameter activation of ES00RetailDocuments file will result to automatic window presence of entering sales quantity.
As far as the customer is concerned, special attention must be given when completing the following data.
- Code. In order new customer entry from Retail application to be feasible, customer code must be defined as automatically produced.
- Payment Method. As far as RETAIL CUSTOMER is concerned, it must be a defined a payment method including all three payment methods (Payment, Forecast, Credit card). As far as the “named” customer is concerned, it is suggested that this field is empty in order any of the three alternative payment methods to able to be used..
- Customer login credentials. In the case of invoice issue where the document is referred to “named” customer, a control of the necessary customer login credentials, is accomplished. These data are: Name, TRN, Tax Office, profession, Street/Number and telephone number. You must ensure that these data are correctly completed.
For the issue of Sales Retail Receipt from Retail application must be used a document type similar to the Invoice of Retail Sales (International ID ES.12000.02). Attention must be given to the following parameterization fields of this document type.
- Default trad acct. RETAIL CUSTOMER must be defined as the default. In order the functionality of documents type use also during Receipt issue to “named” customer to be available, the “preserved” option must be deactivated.
- Automatic forecast. This option must be deactivated. In this way the Receipt issue prohibition when the payable amount is not fully paid, can be ensured.
- Check balance is filled out. This option must be activated. In this way the Receipt issue prohibition when the payable amount is not fully paid, can be ensured.
- Activate return policy. In the case we want to prohibit an item return for which purchase has not previously occurred. This option must be activated.
- automatic packing lines. In the case we want the multiple entries of the same item to be packed into one line with theirs total quantity. This option must be activated.
- Payment terms. There must be at least defined RETAIL CUSTOMER payment methods. At the same time the options «Automatically displayed» and «Automatic amount suggestion» must be deactivated to all payment terms. In this way is ensures the functionality of the Receipt payment through any of the three alternative payment methods or through a combination.
- Check received amount is filled out. This option must be activated. In this way, in cases of full payment with cash, Receipt issue process is significantly simplified.
- User Privileges Control. In the case we want to set a user group under control and the “suspicious” editing to a Receipt, we must move to document series concerning Retail application, and to remove particular privileges from this group (price/discount management, deletion of item's line/and item's alteration, cancellation of document entry).
- Liquidity accounts. We must be transferred to documents series and to define the desired liquidity account of Automatic forecast and Automatic payment. In this way is ensured the dedifferentiation of liquidity account depending on the branch that the receipt is issued.
- Print settings. We must move to documents series concerning Retail application and to activate the Report call by defining the proper values and the other print parameters.
For Sales Invoice issue from Retail application, it must be used one document type of Sales Invoice – Quantity & Value (International ID ES.12000.01/ ES.RO.12600.01) format. A presupposition for the correct operation of the application is the Payment Terms and the Taxes/ Charges that will be defined to this document type, to be the same with these defined to Sales Retail Receipt document type.
|The particular restriction has been established in order the process call of immediate transition from Sales Retail Receipt entry screen to Sales invoice entry screen, to be feasible.|
As far as the remaining parameterization of Sales Invoice elements are concerned, the same things as to Sales Retail Receipt applies. The only exception is that in Sales Invoice, the Default Trade acct field must be empty and the Check balance is filled out, can be activated.
For Receipt issue, it is the Cash Receipt document type (International ID ES.21000.01) that must be used from Retail application. Special attention must be given to the following parameterization area of this document type.
- Liquidity accounts. We need to be transferred to documents series and to define the desired liquidity account of automatic payment. In this way the differentiation of liquidity account depending on the branch from which the Receipt is issued, is ensured.
- Print settings. We must move to documents series concerning Retail application and to activate the Report call by defining the proper values and the other print parameters.
A presupposition considering data correctness presented by Retail application control tools, (eg. Scroller Control of X cash register) is the participation of the document types (used for sales documents issue) to one of the Book Measures.
In Retail parameterization level, is given the functionality of documents definition that we want to be issued from the application and also the functionality of working environment full adjustment in order to meet the needs of an installation or of a work station.
The parameterizatuion files accompanying the application are installed to ESRetai area. The settings concerning the total of the installation must occur to the CSRetail files, whereas these concerning a particular work station must occur to ESNoSync\CSRetail area of this particular work station.
The definition of the total available documents and parameters is accomplished to ES00RetailDocuments parameterization file. Each of the file «transactions» concern a particular document type, whereas the fields of a transaction can be categorized to these determining document behavior and to these determining the layout format Finally, to these that are exclusively related with the personalization of a user working environment.
Hardware Through touch
All operations are supported in touch screen environment and to environment the use of keyboard is provided. The environment definition where the application will operate is accomplished to USER_INTERACTION parameter of ES00RetailParams file.
The main login screen requests the completion of login user identification data. The alternative user identification methods are through the simple definition of password or through code and password. The definition of the preferable identification method used is accomplished to ES_LOGIN_MODE parameter of ES00RetailParams file.
In order application login (through main screen) to be feasible, the following presuppositions must be in force.
- IN data base connection file (ESDBDef) must have been defined only one database. Alternatively, in the case where more than one databases have been defined, you need to define the “retail” data base to RETAIL_DATABASE_ID parameter of ES00RetailParams file.
- The login user must belong to only one branch.
- In the case of login through User Password, you need to have defined and activated the Password of login user.
In order application login through the main login screen to be feasible, the following presuppositions must be fulfilled.
In connection file with the data base (ESDBDef) must be defined only one data base
The login user must belong only to one branch.
Especially in the case of application entry through the use of password, the password must have been defined and activated.
Working Environment ==
While entering the application the working environment is taken up from “main entry” screen. The definition of the document type that we want to give main screen functionality is accomplished through the START_UP_DOCUMENT_ID parameter of ES00RetailParams file.
|AS the main entry screen must be defined this document type that is mostly used from application users.|
In order to improve the design of the work station we have the functionality of presenting a photo as font in document lines entry area. In order to activate this functionality
- The SHOW_WATERMARK parameter of ES00RetailParams file must have the True value.
- In the CSConfig area to exist a photo file with the RetailWatermark.jpg name.
The Retail application contains 3 menus of which the content is defined in parameterization level. The parameterization of the «Operations» menu and «Current Transactions», is accomplished through a setting of ES00RetailDocuments file whereas the structure and the content of full menu is determined through a Shortcuts file.
From “Operations” menu selections, only these concerning new document entry form call, are subject to parameterization. The addition or deletion of such a selection, is achieved by defining to IsMenuAvailable parameter of ES00RetailDocuments file, the True or False value, respectively. The definition of selection and position placement of the wording to the menu is accomplished to MenuCaption/ MenuOrder parameters of the same file.
Current Transactions Menu
The addition or deletion of available document types to “Current Transactions” menu is achieved by defining the Value True or False respectively, to IsTransaction parameter of ES00RetailDocuments file.
|Do not forget to present to “Current Transactions” menu, the documents type concerning the main entry screen.|
The shortcuts file definition that we want to constitute the full application menu is accomplished to ES_RIBBON parameter of ES00RetailParams file.
Customers management screen
Through the parameterization of ES00RetailParams file is given the functionality of setting the parameters concerning customers’ management screen. The AUTO_ENABLE_KEYBOARD parameter settles the keyboard presence method whereas the parameters TRADEACV_PHYSICAL_FORM_ID and TRADEACC_LEGAL_FORM_ID settle the form that will be used as entry/display screen of customer data for customer/individual or customer/company.
|The presence of customers’ management screen is accomplished through the «Search Trade acct» command.|
From the information found in Status Line, only these concerning counters in relation to the “performance” of a particular work station, can be parameterized. For these counters presence, the parameter STATISTICS_COUNTERS_ENABLED of ES00RetailParams file must possess the value True. In order to initiate the counters, we must press double click in status line area where the company name appears. Finally, and in order to have the updated counters information, we can just press double click on these. The information provided by the counters is:
|DOC||Number Of Sales Documents|
|LN||Sales Documents Lines Number|
|AVG||Average Saving Time Of Sales Documents|
|TRC||Total Remote Calls|
|DIFF||Remote Calls Delta|
The offline functionality is given via the proper parameterization of the available server’ definitions file of the application (ESClientConnect).
In order to activate the transition functionality from online to offline operation, the following presuppositions must be fulfilled:
- Two application servers to be defined and one of these to be defined as the others offline.
- The data base code defined to connection file (ESDBDef) to be the same for both online/ offline data base.
- Offline documents series to be defined for each of the available documents
Through the ES00RetailParams parameterization file is given the functionality of defining the usual operational way of the RETAIL operation. The definition is accomplished to RETAIL_APPLICATION_SERVER parameter and the available options are:
0 On-Line with the capability of transition to offline after user selection. The transition is accomplished by entering to the application the corresponding button of login screen.
1 Off-Line with the capability of transition to online after user selection. The transition is accomplished by entering to the application the corresponding button of login screen.
2 On-Line without to be given to the user the capability of transition to offline.
3 Off-Line without to be given to the user the capability of transition to online.
If during On-Line operation connection with the Head offices is interrupted, the application will immediately inform us for the failed connection. Through the ASK_BEFORE_SWITCH_TO_OFFLINE_SERVER parameter of ES00RetailParams file, we can choose the desired transition method from online to offline operation. The available options are:
|True||Transition with message question addressed to the user.|
|False||Automatic transition and presence of informative message|
In order the user to be protected from entry mistakes, there is a number of parameters in ES00RetailParams file concerning the entries control. In order a control to be activated, we need to define to the appropriate parameter the desired limit. TH available controls are:
|MAX_DOC_STOCKLINE_QUANTITY||Maximum quantity per line|
|MAX_DOC_STOCKLINE_PRICE||Maximum measurement unit|
|MAX_DOC_STOCKLINE_DISCOUNT_PERCENT||Maximum line percentage discount|
|MAX_DOC_STOCKLINE_DISCOUNT_VALUE||Maximum line value discount|
|MAX_DOC_STOCKLINE_TOTALVALUE||Maximum total line value|
|MAX_DOC_STOCKLINES_ALLOWED||Maximum document lines number|
|MAX_DOC_HEADER_TOTALVALUE||Maximum document total value|
|MAX_DOC_AMOUNT_RECEIPT_IN_CASH||Maximum received amount in cash|
|MAX_DOC_AMOUNT_RECEIPT_IN_CARD||Maximum received amount with credit card|
Through the USER_ACTIONS_LOGGING_ENABLED parameter of ES00RetailParams file, the history log recording actions process as well as the document entry cancellation, the document line deletion and the sales quantity minimizing, are activated. In order to activate the particular process we define the True value to this parameter.
For compatibility reasons with fiscal printers that reject the zero value document lines, Is given the activation functionality of a mechanism of total line value to 0, 01 euro, automatic adjustment. In order the particular mechanism to be activated, the following presuppositions must be enforced.
- The DOC_ZERO_STOCKLINES_HANDLING_ENABLED parameter of ES00RetailParams file to have the True value.
- Discount of 100% to be defined by the user
- Discount definition to be defined either via “Line Discount” command or through “Discount on total” command.
Fiscal printer files
In order Χ and Ζ printings generation from fiscal printer, to become feasible, the following actions must be followed.
A txt file containing print commands of X and another containing Z commands to exist in CSConfig area. These files must have the XReport.txt and ΖReport.txt names respectively
The saving area of Χ and Ζ to be defined as well as the desired name for these. These definitions are accomplished to the related parameters of ES00RetailParams file.
|PATH_FOR_TAXMACHINE||Files saving area|
|XREPORT_OUTPUT_FILE||File name related to report X|
|ΖREPORT_OUTPUT_FILE||File name related to report Z|
Screen Design Tool
Through the screen design toolbar we have the functionality of a registration screen full adjustment when is needed. In this unit will be explained all elements of registration form and continuing through the Retail Receipt example we will especially focus to toolbars and we will give detailed guidelines as to theirs design methods and parameterization. At the end of this unit you may found a table containing the total of the available commands that can be called from a registration form.
|During screen design you must take into consideration the screen analysis (usual screen analysis is1024 X 768) and to properly set the properties concerning form size.|
The tree «Entity fields» includes, in first level, all entity’s’ fields that a registration form, manages (trade document). Especially for connection fields with a zoom table (eg. Payment Method) or connection with another entity (eg. Trade Account). In second level includes all fields of the connected table/entity.
In order to display in our form one of the entity’s’ fields, we must firstly click on the place that we want to appear and after we select it from the fields list we can transfer it to this place by double click. Modification of field position or size is achieved through the buttons found in “Location Data” whereas modifications concerning layout format and field behavior are achieved from “Field Properties” page. Finally, if for any reason we want to remove a field from the form, we select it from “structure” page, we press the “Delete” button.
The “Special Fields” tree includes fields refers to the related with the entity tables and some fields of special type. Later to this unit is described special fields use method with exemption of «Toolbar εκτέλεσης commands» special type field described to «Toolbars» Unit.
- Related table. In fields of this type the only setting that we need to do is the toolbar actions presence or not. This setting is accomplished by defining to the «Toolbar Visible» property, the desired value. For these fields parameterization and the layout format of the transactions list we follow the process concerning scrollers parameterization.
- Icon. It does not activate any application operation. It is only used in cases that we want to enrich the form with an icon. The definition of the icon that we want to present is accomplished through the «Index» property.
- Keyboard Control It is used in cases that we want the form to also include a numbering keyboard. Given the fact that the Retail application “knows” when there is a need of keyboard display and it dynamically presents it, the use of the field must be avoided.
- Digital Control Is a non editable field and is only used in cases where we want to display a numbering field with the “digital” number format. The definition of this field is accomplished to «BindingPath» property and must be of TABLE.FIELD. format
Let’s say for example that we want to put a digital control that will present the total receipt value. We add to our form the new field and in BindingPath property we define the ESFIDocumentTrade.PayableAmount value.
- Bindable Label. Is a non editable field which is used in cases that we need to insert a title in a forms’ area. This field has a number of properties concerning the layout setting. (Back & Fore color, Font Size etc) The wording definitionthat we want to present is accomplished in «Text» property.
Field of bindable label is used in cases where we want to present an entity field by also giving some formation characteristics. The way of definition as to the entity field presence differs depending on whether we want to present a field of the main entity or a field of a related entity. In the first case the definition is accomplished in «BindingPath» property and must be of TABLE.FIELD format. In the second case we use the «LinkFieldChild» property in oder to define the connection field and finally the «LinkFieldParent» property to define the field from the related entry we want to present.
Lets say for example that we want to present the customers’ second name in the form shown in the picture. We add to the form a field of bindable label type. In LinkFieldChild property we define the fTardeAccountGID value and in LinkFieldParent property the value Name. Finally, we undertake the desired settings for the information layout format.
- stock item entry. This field is used as searching area of the item that is about be inserted. In this case there is not a capability of the item definition in a document lines level. (το σχέδιο γραμμών είναι not editable ) this field existence in documents entry form, is necessary.
- items's photo presentation. This field is used in cases that we want to present to a form area, a photo regarding the item corresponds to current document line.
- Current Line Item Label. This field is used in cases that we want to present in a form area the data of the selected document line in a preview format.
- HTML Control. This field is used in cases that we want to present in a form area, a photo (e.g. company logo). The photo definition is defined in «URL» property.
The toolbar is a field of special type that has been defined in order to embrace to its environment a number of execution programmed commands buttons.
For toolbar addition in our form, we initially select the section at which we want to appear and we set the section dimensions according to the total area that the toolbar we wish to cover. Continuing we place the special field «Toolbar commands execution» to this section.
|If we want the size of the buttons to remain stable independently of the screen analysis, we should place the toolbar into a stable weight of column/line.|
The next step is the definition of the buttons number that the particular toolbar will embrace. In order to go through this definition we select the toolbar and by pressing right click, we present the actions menu. When calling the «Add actions panel» the definition window of toolbar properties is automatically presented. The number of buttons definition is accomplished by editing to number of fields value columns/lines.
At this point we are ready to continue to the toolbar buttons addition process. The pressing of a button will always result to the available commands activation. Some of the commands have predetermined functionality whereas other are parametric and theirs functionality is determined during toolbar addition process. It follows an example of button addition process of predetermined functionality.
Suggesting that we want to create a toolbar containing shift buttons and line deletion button. In the «Actions type» field of toolbar properties definition we select the Document Actions value. From the available actions list we select the Move up, Move down and Line deletion and by pressing the “Add” button we add them to the toolbar (multiple commands selection is achieved through the Ctrl + click ή Shift + click, buttons combination). The buttons placement area is automatically taken based on the order appear on the list. If we want to remove a button we must select it and remove it to its new position. In addition, if we want to change any of the properties concerning button layout format (e.g. font) we select it from toolbar properties definition window and we go through the necessary modifications. In order these alterations to become visible we press the “Update” button whereas if we want to be applied to all toolbar buttons we press the « Update all» button. Finally if we want to change the size of a button we need to select it and to adjust its width / height and press the «Update» button.
The exact same procedure is followed for any predetermined functionality button. Let’s see in more detail the process of ‘parametric” buttons addition.
Suggesting that we want to implement through toolbar an items selection process based on the following specifications.
- The items ITEM 001, ITEM 002 and ITEM 003 are «popular» and thus directly access must be given to the user.
- For all items, the access must be given through predetermined tree based on theirs group/category. The items of OTHERS group are exempted and theirs selection will occur from a list.
- For 001 GROUP categories are not defined whereas GROUP 002 is divided into CATEGORY 001 and CATEGORY 002
For the implementation of the particular process (items selection), we initially add two toolbars to our form. The first will accommodate buttons concerning items of immediate access and the buttons concerning items groups.
For the addition of immediate access buttons to item, we select from “Item actions” General the Item command and by pressing three times the “Add” button, we add tree new buttons to our toolbar. Continuing and in order to connect the first item with ITEM 001, we select the button and we are transferred to “Action parameterization” property where we select item code. In order to define an item in an easier way we can press the search button and by displaying the items list to select it from there. Finally, in order to name the button we are transferred to “Title” property” where we define a representative wording (eg. Items’ description) and we press the “Update” button. The exact same process is followed for the other two buttons of immediate access to items.
At this point, the items buttons parameterization is completed. Pressing of these buttons will result to item line insertion. For buttons addition concerning items groups we select from “Actions type” All groups, the groups GROUP 001, GROUP 002 and OTHER and we add them to our toolbar. At this point, the items buttons parameterization related to OTHER group is completed. Pressing of these buttons will result to the display of the list containing items of OTHER group.
Based on the specifications, the pressing of the button concerning 001 GROUP must lead to the new toolbar that will contain all items of this group. In order to define the new toolbar presentation area, we initially press the Ctrl + GROUP 001 buttons combination and after the available toolbar-areas of the form are revealed, we click to the desired toolbar area. After this and by opening the window defining toolbar properties, we can see that tree new actions types have been added related to GROUP 001 exclusively. After selecting the Items of Group [GROUP001] value, a commands list of all group items will be displayed.
By selecting all and by pressing the “Add” button, we add them to the connected with GROUP 001 button, toolbar. Because the buttons addition has occurred through “named” items, these items connection with the related items already exists. At this point, the items buttons parameterization related to GROUP 001 is completed. Pressing of this button will result to the display of a new toolbar with access buttons to Group items.
Finally, based on our specifications the pressing of the button concerning GROUP 002 must lead to a new toolbar that will contain the categories of this group.
In order to define the new toolbar presentation area, we initially press the Ctrl + GROUP 002 buttons combination and after the available toolbar-areas of the form are revealed, we select (by clicking) the same toolbar-area that we previously placed the toolbar contain items of GROUP 001. (A toolbar area may accommodate more than one toolbars) After this definition and by opening the window defining toolbar properties, we can see that tree action types concerning exclusively GROUP 002, have been added. By selecting the value Group Categories [GROUP 002], this group categories, will be displayed to command list CATEGORY 001 and CATEGORY 002). We select both and we add them to the connected with a button GROUP 002 toolbar. The next step is the appropriate parameterization of the CATEGORY buttons in order theirs pressing to lead to a new toolbar containing all items of the particular Group/Category. In order to achieve this button parameterization we follow the exact same process of GROUP 001 button parameterization. At this point, the items buttons parameterization related to GROUP 002 is completed. Pressing of this button will result to the display of a new toolbar with access buttons to items of the particular category.
|For buttons behavior simulation «GROUP 001» and «GROUP 002» in form designer environment we press the Ctr + corresponding button, combination.|
Suggesting that we want to implement two toolbars where one of them to include the cancellation buttons of the transaction and transition to Invoice (toolbar-actions) and the other one to include all buttons concerning the payment (toolabar-payment). Suggesting that the available area of our form demands the projection of the two toolbars, in the same toolbar-area.
We add a new toolbar to our form and we place the «Cancel/ New» and «Invoice» commands. Based on our specifications we must add an additional button to the toolbar where by pressing it, will lead to toolbar-payment. This button addition is accomplished by pressing the selection. In our new button, we give the “PAYMENT” name and in order to define the display area of toolbar-payment, we initially press the Ctrl +PAYMENT buttons combination and after the available toolbar-areas presence, by clicking, we select the same toolbar-area with the one of the toolbar-actions. Pressing of the PAYMENT button results to toolbar-payment presence.
The next step is the toolbar-payment parameterization. Due to the fact that the two toolbars are covering, the first thing we should take care is to give the returning functionality from toolbar-payment to toolbar-actions. In order to achieve this, we place the button in one of the toolbar-payment positions. Continuing we add to toolbar-payment the « Receipt in cash », «Credit card » και «Completion» commands. The parameterization of toolbar-payment is completed at this point.
|For buttons behavior simulation «button actions panel» and «Button Back» in form design environment, we press the Ctrl + corresponding button combination.|
Suggesting that we want to give the functionality to the user of having the access to items value search commands, to item returns and to notes/comments recording, on a document. Also suggesting that these commands use is rare and for this reason we don’t want to incumber the main toolbar-management with a separate button for each of them but we want to place a popup toolbar instead.
Based on our specifications we need to add to toolbar-management an additional; button where its pressing will result to popup toolbar presence that will contain the additional commands. Addition of this button is accomplished by pressing the selection from definition window of toolbar properties. We give the «Additional…»name to our button and we call the « Add Actions Form », selection from button actions menu in order to give the popup toolbar presence functionality. We place the «Value Search», «Returned Item» and «Headers' field Modification» to popup toolbar. At this point completed the parameterization of «Additional…» button. Pressing of this button will result to popup toolbar presence with the defined commands.
|Item without value|
|In order to protect the user from entering into a document an item with zero value, we need to activate the AskPriceForZeroPriceLine parameter of ES00RetailDocuments file.|
|Some fiscal printers reject document lines that are of zero value. For these installations and in order to ensure the item-gift entry functionality (discount 100%), we need to activate the DOC_ZERO_STOCKLINES_HANDLING_ENABLED parameter of ES00RetailParams file.|
|Maximum discount percentage|
|In order to protect the user from entering a discount greater or equal of 100%, we define to the MAX_DOC_STOCKLINE_DISCOUNT_PERCENT parameter of ES00RetailParams file, the allowed discount percentage (eg. 99).|
Sales confutation control
|If we want a simple recording on users’ history log actions that are related with sale “confutation “(quantity reduction, entry cancellation), we need to activate the USER_ACTIONS_LOGGING_ENABLED parameter of ES00RetailParams file.|
|If we desire user full control to actions related with sales «confutation», we need to be transferred to the particular user documents series and to obtain the related privilege (line deletion, entry cancellation). Thus, in order a confutation sale action to be accomplished, confirmation is demanded from the user having the particular privilege while the action is recorded to history log.|
|If we want the user full control on actions related to discounts high, we need to be transferred to particular user documents series and to obtain Values/Discounts privilege management. In this way for an editing action to discounts, action confirmation from the user having the particular privilege is demanded. The action will be recorded to history log.|
|Maximum discount percentage|
|In order the user to be prohibited for entering a discount entry which is greater from a particular percentage, we define to the MAX_DOC_STOCKLINE_DISCOUNT_PERCENT parameter of ES00RetailParams file the allowed discount percentage (eg. 5). At the same time we need to ensure that from all the commands concerning discount entry, that only the «line discount (percentage)» command to be able to be called through our form.|
Easier quantity definition
|When we are managing items where we want the sales quantity to be questioned, we need to ensure that tΑν in items’ measurement unit the «Εφαρμογή με επιλογή από το χρήστη» option is activation of the particular option in combination with AutoDisplayQuantities parameter activation of ES00RetailDocuments file, results to sales quantity automatic window presence.|
|Step Increase Quantity|
|If sale quantity has a stable step (e.g. 2, 4 etc ), it is preferable to use to our form the «quantity increase» command when defining sale quantity and to also define the desired step.|
Barcode Scanner Use
|Protection From Scanning σε Wrong Area|
|In order to protect the user from scanning to wrong form areas, it is preferable to complete values to ES00RetailParams file parameters that concern the maximum values|
|Direct Movement To Scanning Area|
|In order this functionality to be feasible, it is preferable that for the «Shift to retail item search control» command, a shortcut has been set. This is extremely useful in cases where the focusing with touch on the scanning area functionality, is not available.|